18.1.07

"Just watch it unravel..."-mom

Inhale...hold, 1, 2, 3....Exhale...

Communication. Talk talk talk talk talk...don't always bite your tongue. Take time out of your day/week(depending on your amount of free time) to make people aware of what's going on in your life.

Repeat your breathing...

Well, ouch, this is hard. In the past 2 weeks I have been watching the Ms set come together so quickly. It didn't hit me until tonight just how amazing I feel about it all. Wow. In the words of Shawn; "Hell yeah!". I did not think I would be talking so highly of it or feeling so proud of myself. If this group can take myself, someone with almost zero dance experience and make me look decent...wow. In regards to all of this, I had to make a tough decision....

Originally Kyle Auckland and I had made Tara and Shawn aware that we would be missing our second competition on March 24th. I obviously was going to be missing this competition because of choir tour. But...

Yeah, I have been weighing things out a lot and I just don't know what I would regret more. I really really adore our YF program at church, but I have been thoroughly disappointed with the choir. There is such a lack of discipline this year and such a surplus of 7th graders. I haven't even been able to be as committed as I would have liked to have been. I used to complain about people like myself. I hated when people who never showed up until a few weeks before tour because of "M&Ms" decided they still had to go. I don't want to "be that guy". I also have zero interest in the music this year and feel like when I am there I have to destroy my voice to be of any help. Brian doesn't want me there because he'll "miss" me. He wants my voice. I want to stay committed to the youth group, but I don't know if I can be to the choir. Aaron, I know you probably read this, and I love what you do for this group. I apologize to you that I haven't been exactly as faithful as I would have liked to have been this year. I do plan on sticking around as much as I can next year just to hear what you have to say. So, what I am basically saying is that I decided I'm not going on choir tour this year.

We are only doing 2 competitions aside from the Classic and for me to put already so much time into this group, why miss a competition? I talked it over with my mom, and she has put it all in my hands. (which is nice)

I am aware that this is my senior year and it is my last chance to do all of these things yadda yadda yaddaa aaaaah...hold the press! Relax. Life will go on.

Anyway, I'm doing alright today. (if you were wondering...) It's nice to be talking with someone again...even if it's a slow process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attend the one that you think will give you the best memories. After the trip is long over, all you have left is the memories of them.

Anonymous said...

I'm biased, but I'd like to see you at MM's. But I know how hard sacrifices are to make.