29.8.07

This week has been a whirlwind of excitement, anticipation, and even sadness.

Is it possible to feel so incredibly connected and yet so disconnected to thousands of people crossing your paths all at one particular location?

We are all feeling so much exhilaration for what lies ahead. It is wonderful to think of all of the opportunities to cross paths with people from all walks of life. My world has definitely expanded a great sum in such a short period of time. I feel I have also changed a whole lot in the past few days.

I feel a strange new sense of confidence in every place I go. It is not an ego, but rather a carefree feeling and zero worries of how I appear to the rest of the world.

Nothing has hurt me more in the past week than being hit with the realization that Kent State, in fact, does not carry my major or even carry specifically Meteorology as a minor. As I discovered this, I couldn't help but begin to cry. I thought it was right at my fingertips and now it has vanished, or rather, shrunken to this one course only delivering me "The Fundamentals of Meteorology".

Everyone can constantly question whether I'm really cut out for it, but it won't stop me. My passion grows and grows with each passing day and I become more and more desperate for any slight mentioning or relation to the atmosphere.

I've begun reading up on the clouds and teaching myself things as my schedule allows it because I've no idea where else to begin.

My friends are surrounded with people on campus sharing the same major, or other majors which are quite similar. And I, I have no one, so it seems. (At least at Kent State..)

Why are so few people interested in the mystery of our day to day highs and lows, the way our clouds can tell us what is to come or how no matter how hard we try we won't be able to know for sure just how powerful the next tropical storm or hurricane will be?

The closest thing I have is my World Geography class and my 7 Ideas course(Physics)...The world is such a wonderfully beautiful place and no one is nearly excited about discovering the incredible sights and sounds outside doors.

Have you ever seen Mammatus clouds? Well, they're one of the most gorgeous sights. How about a corona?-or the breathtaking Aurora Borealis rays?





I want to see it all and study it all and take it all in...

But..I can't right now...and it sucks.

Maybe I'll give Mark Johnson a call about his storm chasing course through News Channel 5... :-)

No comments: